Monday, March 5, 2012

Decently and in Order Pt. 13 The Hallway/The Linen Closet

Here is our hallway. I have not put up any picture frames yet....I need some ideas =) I love that everyone's room is right next to each other. Since all of our kids are still so little it just makes me feel better having them all close by, except when there is crying of course =)

This is our linen closet in our hallway. As you can see I still have plenty of room to stock up on some more toilet paper! I could even add another shelf in here if I wanted to!
Way up top I have a couple airbeds and a soft blanket in case we have an overnight guest or two or just in case I get cold up the hall on the couch =)

I keep spare hand towels and wash cloths on the second shelf down.

In the two bins I have my stock pile of feminine products many of which were more than free with a $1 off coupon paired with an $.89 pack of Kotex =)

I fold all of our towels in a strategic manner to get them all to look uniform despite different towel sizes. I hate seeing the edges of the towels too drives me nuts =)

Down on the floor I keep some more diapers for Josh, toilet paper, tissues, and a plastic drawer to hold our stock pile of assorted toiletries.

The top drawer holds razors which were all "free" or less than $1 playing the drug store game. By the way is it just me or did the free razor deals pretty much vanish in the last 6 months?

In the second drawer I have some free samples that an overnight guest could use, along with disposable razors and personal packs of tissues.

Lastly, I have our stock pile of toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss and shampoo =) I love the Desert Essence Tea Tree Oil toothpaste and their line of organic shampoo =) I have not been brave enough to try and make my own shampoo and conditioner just yet ......maybe when these bottles run out!?

UP NEXT RACHEL'S ROOM

4 comments:

Kath said...

Found your blog on Money Saving Mom!

LOVE your towel folds...they are awesome!! I do the same thing. It's the little things in life, isn't it?? :-)

Congrats on paying cash for your house - so very amazing and inspirational!

Kelly Logan said...

Hi Kath, thank you for stopping by from Money Saving Mom =) It really is the little things in life =) I find that when you take care of the little things that you have the best way that you can God blesses you with even more =)
Luke 19:17
And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

June said...

Here are my suggestions for decorating the hallway:
1. A chandler in the hallway if the doors would not be in the way.
2. Painted horizon stripes in different widths would give the hallway some dimension.
3. Patterned rug to add some pizzazz.
Love how organized you are!

Kelly Logan said...

Thank you June, I love your ideas I want to try the paint =) I know my home is lacking pizazz...lol it so plain in color at this time except the kids room of course =) I am going to do my room next and it is more plain colors =)