Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fitness


I was always taught by my mother that being overweight is genetic, from having babies, or your parents fault for feeding you too much. I grew up with the thought in the back of my head that I would never have a baby for fear of becoming overweight! Thanks to God after 4 babies in less than 5 years I am maintaining a weight that is less than my high school weight! I realize that you must work to maintain a healthy body. I do not use a gym, to save money on membership and time from the commute. I have to get up early before my husband leaves for work and go out for a run even in the rain and cold or do a workout video at home. Remember this scripture does not say that bodily excersice does not profit at all!
1 Timothy 4:8
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.