Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I believe God loved us so much that He gave us a road map in his word on every area of our life. This includes the area of dress. In 1 Timothy 2:9 the bible says that
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel" I know what kinds of fashions that would cause a man to look lustfully, I know very well; I used to dress in that manner. Even after receiving salvation, I dressed ignorantly to conform to the fashion of men. I am so thankful that God would show mercy and reveal to me the right way to dress. I am not condeming anyone does not dress the way I do, in fact it would be hypocritical to dress the way that I do but on the inside your heart does not have that desire. I have had a lot of questions over the years as to why I only wear skirts, here are many of the misconceptions I would like to clear up:
1)I do not think I am holier than anyone for wearing them
2)I do not wear them because my husband makes me
3)I do not wear a skirt because the church forces me to.
4) I do not wear a skirt because I think I may loose my salvation

The Real Reason
1) When wearing pants it accentuates my buttocks, and croch area.
2) I can see other men staring at women as they walk by and they are watching her rear end in jeans, I have never seen it happen to a woman walking past with a long flowing skirt on.
3) The word appearal used in Timothy is from the Greek katastole which means: letting down, I truly believe that there is a certain dress for me and it must be "let down" and not "pulled up" into every crevice of my body