Thursday, July 31, 2014

Family Soul Winning =)

.
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.





Our Children are our most precious gift. I love my little family so much and hate to part with them. There are so many ministries these days in modern churches that separate the children from the parents. Our church we were at in Missouri was unique in the aspect that we got to serve on a bus ministry as a family. We picked up children in our neighborhood and I would sit in the back with the neighborhood children and our own children. When we moved to VA the next church we attended had Chris work with the bus ministry but not the children and I, so we would end up missing out on time as a family for several hours a week and I would have to drive to church all by myself....not like I haven't been through 3 military deployments before though...but still I long to serve the Lord as a family. I know most people think children are such a hindrance to the work of the Lord but Jesus himself said in Matthew 19:14
"... Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

At our new church the only "ministry" we are committed to now is the soul winning ministry every Saturday morning. We take all 5 of our little ones out knock doors. Most people are more friendly to children. There are still the occasional "not interested" and slam door occurrences...but our children are not phased by it at all. Last week a lady who had said she was not interested took a gospel tract from my son. If somebody is willing to listen to the gospel and Gideon starts whining I will just stroll away with the smaller ones and let my husband continue to be a witness. We have also been going soul winning during the week nights to an apartment complex right next to our house. I thank God for a family to serve Him with and for a free country where we can still be a bold witness for Jesus Christ without persecution! =).

No comments: