1) Read Through the Bible in a Year
Praise the Lord that I have been able to keep up with the daily Bible reading schedule so far. Some days were a struggle and I would have to catch up the next day. I finished reading Judges, Ruth and now I am in 2 Samuel. Also a proverb chapter a day, and some Psalms. The new Testament readings jump around a bit and I have finished Acts, Romans, Colossians, Ephesians, and now I am in Hebrews.
As a stay at home mother I always am so convicted when I read the story of Eli's two sons in 1 Samuel chapter 3, who were children of Satan. God held Eli responsible because, "...he restrained them not." I can't help but think of what things God is going to hold me responsible for not restraining my children from! Everything from bad attitudes, to talking back, watching too many movies and the list goes on and on. God help me not to "restrain not" my children!
2) Read 6 Books:
I read the 3rd Chapter of Absolute Surrender: Separated Unto the Holy Ghost. It emphasized the need to be faithful in daily life to really be directed by God's Spirit!
3) Pass out a Gospel Tract to Every Store Clerk:
I passed out Gospel tracts at of course at Wal Mart, Yard sales, The Dollar Store, the Schawns truck man ( Yes I got some Ice cream).
On the way back from Church on Sunday we ran out of drinks and it was super hot so I hopped out of the bus and went into Murfins Market to get some drinks. The cashier at first took my tract and then as I was walking away she called out to me and asked if I would take it back because she can't talk about religion at work. She was the one that kept talking about it, I wasn't giving her a gospel presentation or anything.....That was just really weird because she could have just thrown it in trash and there was a customer right behind me waiting to be helped and he looked as confused as I did with her insistence on not taking the gospel literature. So sad if she would have known that there was living water in the words of God she surely would have held onto it!
4) Eat Out Only Once a Week: We ordered out just 3 Times last month all from Pizza Hut on Saturday nights while I was out grocery shopping.
5) Run 7.5 Miles a Week: I ran 52 Miles in May!
6) In Home DVD Workout Once a Week: I taebo'd 4 times!
7) Take Vitamins and Juice Daily: Okay so I ran out of my favorite Prenatal Vitamins the 2nd week of May and still haven't made it to the Health Food Store! and I know I didn't juice everyday, but I didn't write it down so I don't have the tally.
8) Reduce Weight to 130 lbs.: I got on the scale this morning and was a little upset! I have gained 3.4lbs this month! I blame the donuts on the church bus ....then again maybe it is muscle....Nah probably donuts and the Shcawns Icecream!......Good thing I gave myself til' December 31st!
9) Keep Up with Hair Cuts Quarterly: My hair is still looking pretty good....at least I think so!
10) Improve Home Organization: If you have been reading my blog this month you already know I got really nice labels for the pantry and boys cubby bins =)
Looking Forward to June we are having revival starting this Sunday!