Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The Logan Bus

So we have been loooooonnnngg overdue for a vehicle upgrade. We had our Honda Odyssey minivan since we had only 1 baby and it only had 5,000 miles on it.   We finally let go of it after driving it for 11 years, putting 277,000 miles on it, sliding doors stuck and falling off......we got a whopping $600 trade in for it ...lol.
My husband traded it in for a little Honda Civic hatchback to drive him back and forth to work. For the rest of us we get to ride around in style with this 2015 Nissan NV 3500 12 Passenger van!

We hated to get a car payment as we haven't had one in 8 years since paying off the Honda, but there was no way the Odyssey was going to work much longer with baby #8 on the way! I was a little nervous driving it the first couple weeks as it sits up so high it appears you are driving over the lines and you can hardly see anything out the back window with the high seats and headrests. I am much more comfortable driving it now almost 2 months into buying it, but still have a time getting out of tight parking lots. I am very thankful to have a vehicle that fits our ever growing family. I would have never in a million years dreamed I would become one of those moms with her own little bus...lol =).
 

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

So glad to see an update from you!!! I hope you go back to blogging more. I love seeing what you all are up to and read your encouraging posts. We just had number 6 two months ago and now can’t fit in our suv. So we need a new vehicle too. How on earth did you do 7 kids in your van?!

Are you all still in VA? Does Chris have a new job? I feel like last I knew he was driving a truck over the road? I ask because now more than ever I really feel myself worrying about money and caring for all these children in a way they should be. Anyway, look forward to your responses and hopefully I didn’t ask too many questions...lol!

Congrats on number 8!!! Due date?

Kelly Logan said...

Hi Lindsey! I am sorry for being such a blogging slacker. ..lol. Yes, Chris is still truck driving but has a local route; praise the Lord! It's actually been a very rewarding career field for him so far. We technically ran out of space in our van with baby #6 as well, but bought the middle row seat on craigslist and just made it work...with baby #7 we were so smashed. ...lol, we just didn't have the finances to upgrade and prayed all the time for a bigger vehicle until 17 months later we got the NV! My due date is Aug. 29th =) It is very hard not to worry this world makes it so hard to have a big family. I'll pray you are able to get a bigger vehicle as well =)