Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anna P.


This is my Anna P. She is my great grandmother on my mothers side. She passed away yesterday morning in West Virginia at 98 years old. This is the last time I saw her the summer of 2003 right after I graduated high school. She still appeared very coherent and lively despite her age. 7 years have passed since then and I have not heard much from her. I do love her and hope to God that she turned to Jesus christ for the forgiveness of sins that she may escape the torments of eternity in the place Jesus calls Hell. I am not sure with 100% certainty that she became born again in her life time, and there is nothing I can do now to comfort myself or family grieving her loss. The only thing on my heart is to warn others that death is coming for them and they don't know when or how and that they must be ready for it when it comes. To get ready for death you must recoginze that you have separated yourself from God by sinning against him (lying even "white lies", stealing, taking the Lords name in vain...etc.) Turn to Jesus Christ by faith not simply believing that he existed and died on the cross for the sins of the world. but turning to him and turning away from whatever is that you are trusting in ( water baptism, good works, being a nice person) The bible says that Jesus came to call sinners to repentance not just to believe in him James 2:19Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. I am not trying to make salvation conplicated but many are out there today thinking that God forgives everyone without any change of heart and that simply is not so.

No comments: