Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Answer to Racism

Can you find me? I was one of 3 white girls on the T.C. William's varsity cheerleading team in 2002 in Alexandria, Virginia right outside of Washington D.C.


     Truth be told I am not even "full" white. My maiden name is Flores, my dad is an immigrant from Honduras with brown skin who came to this country with nothing besides the clothes on his back and hope to live in a free country where if you work hard, you can make something of yourself despite any privileges you may not have been born with, like growing up in a home where you are taught to speak the english language. I thank God for the diverse upbringing I had. I learned very quickly that racism, respect of persons, prejudice, or whatever you want to call it does NOT exclude any nationality or skin color.
     I don't care if you are a Planned Parenthood supporter who wants to eradicate non whites, a Hispanic who hates all "gringos", or a black person like my neighbor who told my family white people are devils who are only good to be murdered or enslaved when "Yah" comes back; racism is ugly and sinful no matter who is perpetrating it.
     I am so thankful for God's word that tells us racism is foolishness, because He hath made all the nations of the earth of one blood, that there is neither Jew nor Greek nor bond nor free, but we are all one in Christ Jesus. His word tells us that God is no respecter of persons, and that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
     I thank God that my husband as a black man in America has no doors shut to him, that he can go out everyday and work to provide for our family of 10 on 1 income and that God gives the increase. 🥰
      God's word is all my family needs to fight racism and it will be a cold day in Hell before I ever support an antichrist group whose mission statement is to dismantle the God ordained family where the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church and seeks to replace it with a "village" where sodomites are exalted, like Black Lives Matter group seeks to do.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

I just came across your blog...I don’t even know how! But I am encouraged to read of more families like us. I’m a stay at home mom of 7 and I have a big van now too😏. We are living on a tight budget and trusting in the Lord to supply all our needs and provide grace as we navigate this every changing world we live in. Thankful that our God and His truths remain the same throughout this life. Thanks for blogging.