Friday, February 4, 2011

Where Will God Lead my Husband?




Time goes by so fast, Chris' deployment is just about half way over already! Thank God for keeping him safe thus far. I am so proud of him and greatful to have a husband that follows after God! He is 99% sure he is getting out of the Airforce upon his return and so that leaves my mind to wonder alot of our future. Where will we go, What will he do, What do I need to do right now to prepare our family? I think we will either stay here in Northern VA, or go back to Las Vegas. Chris wants to be a police officer. I know he will make an excellent police officer, he is a man of integrity, strength, perserverence, knowledge and overall great character. Any Police department would be greatly benefitted by his service. So I looked into Vegas and Fairfax County police Departments. The pay is greater in Las Vegas, and the homes are cheaper (alot cheaper) but we really need to make a decision based on where God wants us to be not on money. I love the church here in Alexandria, there are many opportunities to do outreach for Christ and provoking sermons. There is a great church in Las Vegas too. I could see our family in both places and able to serve Christ. I just have to pray alot for God's direction, and wisdom and for my husband to have an open heart to hear God's call in our lives. So now we are going to be working aggressively to save enough for a 3-6 month money supply and a 20% down payment on a house. So really that means saving a bunch b/c if we needed a 20% down payment in Vegas we need $24,000, if we need a 20% down payment here we need $46,000!! big huge difference so I will try and do my best in honoring God in our finances and not do any foolish spending. I always think of proverbs 27:1 "Boast not thyself of tommorrow for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."


No comments: